A highly inventive take on a selection of early American folk songs, ‘Yankee Doodles’ in this case is literally musical doodling on those tunes. Here William Gordon has given them an innovative and creative treatment for brass sextet.
The flexible instrumentation means the work can be performed by a variety of different ensembles.
- Part 1 – Cornet/Trumpet (includes parts in Bb & C)
- Part 2 – Cornet/Trumpet (includes parts in Bb & C)
- Part 3 – Horn (includes parts in Eb, F & Bb)
- Part 4 – Trombone (includes treble & bass clef parts)
- Part 5 – Euphonium (includes treble & bass clef parts)
- Part 6 – Tuba (includes Eb & Bb and treble & bass clef parts)
The linked video below is the full band version performed by Intrada Brass.