Based on the traditional Spanish carol ‘Ríu Ríu Chíu’, this exciting foot-tapping item was premièred at Butlins Mineworkers Championships in 2010. Recorded on Virtuosi GUS Band’s CD ‘Christmas Fantasia – The Music of Andrew Wainwright’, it has since proved to be a popular concert item. Here it has been arranged for brass sextet.
“Spanish Dance winds up to a whirlwind climax with a respectful nod in the direction of Morley Calvert’s ‘Canadian Folk Song Suite’ – very clever.” Paul Hindmarsh, British Bandsman magazine
The flexible instrumentation means the work can be performed by a variety of different ensembles.
- Part 1 – Cornet/Trumpet (includes parts in Bb & C)
- Part 2 – Cornet/Trumpet (includes parts in Bb & C)
- Part 3 – Horn (includes parts in Eb & F)
- Part 4 – Trombone (includes treble & bass clef parts)
- Part 5 – Euphonium (includes treble & bass clef parts)
- Part 6 – Tuba (includes Eb & Bb and treble & bass clef parts)
- Percussion 1-2 (optional)