Cavalleria Rusticana is Mascagni’s most popular opera, the Intermezzo being the instrumental interlude that accompanies villagers leaving an Easter service. This operatic gem brings relief to the tensions of a plot that realistically deals with tragic triangles of love. Rhythmically simple, this piece allows the conductor to focus on the execution of long, lyrical passages, including dynamics, legato line and phrasing. A beautiful treatment by Michele Girardi for brass quintet of an equally beautiful work.
- Part 1 – Cornet/Trumpet Bb
- Part 2 – Cornet/Trumpet Bb
- Part 3 – Horn (includes parts in Eb & F)
- Part 4 – Trombone (includes bass clef and Bb treble clef parts)
- Part 5 – Tuba (includes bass clef and Eb & Bb treble clef parts)